Wednesday 3 August 2011

Just a Shit Load of Quotes.

'Sup Guys,

Don't expect my normal blog, infact, don't expect a blog with any structure whatsoever because this doesn't have any. It's just a load of quotes that have had a big effect on me.

'And if strength is born from heartbreak
Then mountains I could move
And if walls could speak I'd pray
That they would tell me what to do'
- Rise Against - Drones

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
- Margaret Mead

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
- John F. Kennedy

So I tell myself, I tell myself it's wrong.
There's a point we pass from which we can't return.
I felt the cold rain of the coming storm.
- Rise Against - The Good Left Undone

Mama always told me that life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you gonna' get.
- Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) - Forrest Gump

Sometimes I wonder if I've changed so much, my wife is even gonna recognize me whenever it is I get back to her, and how I'll ever be able to, tell about days like today. Ahh, Ryan. I don't know anything about Ryan, I don't care. The man means nothing to me; he's just a name. But if, you know, if going to Rem"al, and finding him so he can go home, if that earns me the right to get back to my wife, well then, then that's my mission.
- Capt. Miller (Tom Hanks) - Saving Private Ryan

When I go home people'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do you do it man? What, you some kinda war junkie?" You know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is.
'Hoot' - Black Hawk Down

Relationships don't work they way they do on television and in the movies. Will they? Won't they? And then they finally do, and they're happy forever. Gimme a break. Nine out of ten of them end because they weren't right for each other to begin with, and half of the ones who get married get divorced anyway, and I'm telling you right now, through all this stuff I have not become a cynic. I haven't. Yes, I do happen to believe that love is mainly about pushing chocolate covered candies and, y'know, in some cultures, a chicken. You can call me a sucker, I don't care, because I do believe in it. Bottom line: it's couples who are truly right for each other wade through the same crap as everybody else, but the big difference is they don't let it take them down. One of those two people will stand up and fight for that relationship every time. If it's right, and they're real lucky, one of them will say something.
-
Dr. Cox - Scrubs

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

A hero of war
Is that what they see
Just medals and scars
So damn proud of me
And I brought home that flag
Now it gathers dust
But it's a flag that I love
It's the only flag I trust
-Hero Of War - Rise Against

Every action has a reaction. We've got one world and one chance.
-Tim McIlrath

I hope you can relate to some of them too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment